Friday, September 12, 2008

Still hooked up to Chemo #2

I'm still hooked up to my chemo treatment #2. I just got up to get some crackers so I can take my steriods. I have an appt. today at Emory at 2 p.m. to have my bag unhooked. Mom, my Aunt and Uncle are going to take me. The worst part of this day is removing all the tape. They are using the least sticky tape but for some reason, my body really takes to the adhesive and my skin always rips with the tape. Ouch! They have tried using acetone and slowly try to remove it but typically they are in a hurry and ripping it off is faster and easier. Just leaves me sore. I work to get it healed just to return and start the process all over.

For some reason, chemo makes my back, legs and jaw very painful. I've had to live on Vicodein the past couple of days. However, I'm thankful for it because the last time I didn't have it and was miserable.

On the bright side, I keep a bag beside my chair that I have been putting all my cards, etc. Mom made a quick count of all the awesome cards I received.....knowing this isn't all of them but I had 171 cards!! This doesn't include over 900 e-mails, the countless calls, dinners and gifts I receive everyday!! It that isn't love, care and concern....I don't know what is! This is what is keeping me going....giving me strength to see past all the pain and know that so much prayer is going up to heaven for us. I am amazed at the prayers from those I don't even know! God has been so good that I find it hard to complain at all.....so typically I don't.

My famous words when asked how I am feeling is, "i'm fine". Mom gets so mad at me and says, "stop saying that....you are sick, you are not fine"....she is concerned that my kids are so used to me finding the brighter side of this that pretty soon they won't realize that I'm truly sick and do need their help. However, God has given me so much grace that even at my worst, I'm know that "I'm fine". :=)

Again, thanks to all for your support....as already stated, you can see through the communication that I'm being supported by many and this is an awesome feeling. Do not ever think that your communication gets lost with all the others. I notice each one and read the encouraging words over and over. It gives me so much inspiration that I hope that I'm able to return the favor to everyone in some small way.

Again, because of you.....today will be another great day! Love to all, Leah

1 comment:

JanaFloyd said...

Good morning, Leah!

I wanted to let you know that I put a link to your blog on mine and I've had several people at work even say they had been reading your blog. What an outreach! Keep on keepin' on! :)