Friday, September 26, 2008

THE MESSAGE!!
Good morning! I had to share an e-mail that I came across this morning that Leah sent to me
on 7/9/2002.
Leah has always been quick to give words of encouragement to her family and friends. She has a unique way of making you look at the situation in a different light. By the time she is finished with her “preaching" you go away with a different attitude, and feeling so much better.
Through her father's illness, Leah was one of my biggest cheerleader always giving me words of encouragement.

So today Leah I am sending you a REPLY..
Life is an echo. What you send out--- You get back. What you give -- you get.

It’s about the Message! Yes the message!! Same Message ..... Just a different day.
Jesus Christ is the same, Yesterday, Today and Forever. He is still the “I AM” He is still in the healing business.
This is the message that you sent me in 2002.

I was regretting the past and fearing the future.

Suddenly my Lord was speaking: "My name is I AM"
He paused. I waited. He continued, ......................
"When you live in the past with its mistakes and regrets it is hard.
I am not there. “My name is not I WAS.”

When you live in the future, with its problems and fears, it is hard.
I am not there. “ My name is not I WILL BE.”

When you live in this moment it is not hard.
I am here. "My name is I AM."
Mom,
When you need Him just pray, because he is ALWAYS there. This is something I am learning to do and no it’s not always easy to step back, take that deep Breath and ask for help. It’s impossible to regain control when you were never in control to begin with. God is in Control and I have come to understand He does not need me to help Him with day to day business. All God asks is that you let him handle the problems.
Love you ,
Leah
Stop telling God how big your storm is and start telling the storm how big your God is

So as you can see the years have gone by, but the message you sent me in 2002 is still the same message today.
Leah comes from a place of faith, a place of family and a place of principle ...and that throughout her journey with cancer she has been fueled by the blessings of this rich foundation.
When you realize that people of all faiths are praying for you it is truly a humbling and powerful experience. Also humbling -and inspiring are the many e-mails, cards, gifts,and food that Leah's family and friends have offered. Receiving cards is one of the highlights of her day. She is blessed by them all. With a heart full of gratitude I say " THANK YOU"
Despite the tremendous support the days and now months are full of challenges.
Leah has always been very engaged in everything she does. She went from making major decisions in a corporate world to making decisions on when she should take her medicine.
The impact of the treatments is "losing self" just not being present. This really hurts.
Physically the aches and pain she is experiencing took her by surprise.
I know good things will come from this. When the sun finally shines again in Leah's life she will take this experience and use it for good. Giving back and helping others is something that comes very naturally for Leah. I can see her now becoming a " cancer warrior"
Pease keep her in your prayers. Every day becomes a little more difficult to handle.
All my love,
Mother

No comments: