Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Well.....it wasn't so bad but not so great either!

I was up all night sick and wasn't sure if I was going to make it to Emory this morning for my infusion. Steve kept coaxing me knowing I needed it done but I was unsure we would make it if I needed to pull over and besides that I did not sleep the whole night. I was pretty miserable.

I jumped into a hot bath (my other home), prayed, and got dressed and we made it. I slept the whole way.

For some reason when they were taking my vials of blood this morning.... the nurse somehow spilled the blood she was taking out all over me, my chair, the floor and the nurse!! It was pretty disgusting. They cleaned and cleaned all the blood and there was still alot of blood on the floor when I left. They even tried to clean me up but I still have blood stains all down the side of me. Grose!! I wondered if she was going to get anymore blood since she had taken so much to begin with! :-(.......but she did.

My white blood cell counts were fine, my red blood cells counts were low. The nurse told me I was on the low end of things but not enough to hold chemo this time. We hope with an extra week that we would have adequate counts and I won't have to get the dreaded shot on my New Year's chemo treatment.

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. Here's to a wonderful treatment this time, a joyous and healthy holiday season to all!

Love to all,
Leah

P.S. I did finally purchase a few hats yesterday so I don't always look like I'm going out to play in the snow!! ha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leah. I think that nurse needs more training. Girl I would have freaked out! Same thing happened to my son when he was a little boy, and since then he faints at the sight of blood and he's 30 years old! Your sense of humor is so special though, and I applaud you. That is a special gift and you sure got it! Just checking in, always praying for you. Love you much!

Vernie

Donna said...

Well, it has been a little while since I posted a comment but thought I would just let you know it has been so good to see you at church and the Christmas Banquet. I feel positive about your situation. I am so thankful for the strength that Jesus is giving to you day by day. I have an especially good feeling about your situation as I enter this comment. Thanks be to God for the prayers He is answering on a daily basis in your behalf.

Love to you,
Donna New

Anonymous said...

I wrote you a comment yesterday but for some reason it didn't show up. I had prayed for you and continue to pray for you this morning. I'm so thankful for you that it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. I did pray that you wouldn't have to get the shot, so thank God for His mercy yesterday. Still praying God sees you through the remainder of the week and that your spirits remain high so you can look forward to Christmas with excitement. As I always pray when things aren't going well that day: "I thank you God that there is an end to a day." God bless!

Sharon