Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The day before chemo again....I'm going to make the most of it!!

Last night, I stayed up until 2 am. working on Christmas cards. I have alot of gifts wrapped underneath the tree but it is like snow. As you shovel, it just keeps pouring down!! ha.

I had Kimberly visit my office yesterday and take some candy for the holidays. I bought the ingredients but I can't take claim for any of the candy. I was so tired, I sat down and then fell asleep. My poor mother and Kimberly did the cooking. Although mom didn't want to claim the candy either because she said the weather was not cooperating! ha. Bless her heart, she still made the candy. My job was to put together to share. I'm such a loser some days. ha. I think I have all this energy and I do right at that particular moment and then all of a sudden, I become so tired that I can't make it another minute without a nap. Yes, I've turned into a granny grump!

As I've said before, if you have to do something, do it to the best of your ability!! Well, I take really good naps throughout the day. ha.

Since I've had an extra week, I've actually started tasting food again. Last night, we received 2 meals and I had to have some of both. My dentist even sent me something from Edible creations (they make fruit arrangements). I felt really special getting all this at the same time and I even had company to talk too!

God has been so awesome! I was telling someone last night about how I've gone 10 days without food, water or even an ice chip and didn't lose 1 lb. but everyone else doing the same thing will drop, drop, drop weight. It is crazy! I know the Lord is sustaining me because your body does so much better with weight. Otherwise, it will decimate you. It really is a small thing to worry about considering everything else I have to worry about but I have to have something minor on my mind. ha. It makes me feel more in control of the situation. Now how dumb does that sound? ha.

I still have many more Christmas cards, Christmas shopping and wrapping to do! I was able to go out today and buy some hats. I'm not totally bald, as I do have some hair but my head is bald!

I'm going to take a nap! Happy holidays to all who read this. Off to my dreaded day tomorrow. Please pray they don't give me the dreaded shot. Oh Lord, it is constantly on my mind. I just want to have carefree and happy days through the holidays. I know the Lord is able to give me that......

Love to all,
Leah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you and will be lifting you up in prayer tonight, tommorrow and everyday. I am so glad you got to do some shopping and wrapping gifts..Give my love to all the family. All of you are very special and God is good all the time!!

Love,
Angie