Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'm free, I'm free......well, until next week!!

Yes folks I'm giddy today....you can't even imagine how happy I am. "-)

I went today for chemo in the wee hours of the morning, went to the lab and had my blood drawn and my chemo lines hooked up to my chest and went to the doctor prior to starting my chemo......well......

My blood cell counts were down, my protein is low and I'm dangerously low for any bacterial infection but I'm so happy, I'm so happy, I'm just happy, happy, happy, happy!!! I can't do chemo because my body is not able to handle it this week! I'm so excited...I get another week to recover.

I know I shouldn't be happy about what shape my body is in but mentally I'm psyched because I was dreading this treatment so much!!

I have to go back next week for my treatment but they are reducing the dosage because my body can't handle the dosage they are giving me any longer! It doesn't change my survival rate but it will make my symptons so much better! Hopefully my pain won't be as bad. Thank the Lord...I'm so excited. Steve tells me that I shouldn't be so excited because they said that they need to watch me because it's getting dangerous with my levels being low. I can't help it, I am still excited!! YEAH!!

Oh, they want me to eat red meat to get my protein levels up. They are way to low. Honestly, I don't feel like eating at all. I lost 10 lbs. in a week....I didn't want to lose weight because your body handles the chemo better but hey, I could stand to shed some of my fluffy! ha.

Okay....so I will quit jumping for joy! However, I will mention that instead of 3 treatments in December, I will only have two because they are letting me off Christmas week. My treatments will be December 10th and December 31st. Okay, I'm jumping for joy again at the thought!! ha.

Well, I will sign off since I'm so giddy I have to expend some of this energy....or maybe, I'll just take a nap to get the energy to go to the mall. ha. Another week means I may get Christmas shopping done.

Joy to the World....
Love to all,
Leah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that your system is weak, but I'm happy for you because you are happy and if you are happy, that promotes healing! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. We had family spending the weekend with us and I did a lot of cooking and way too much eating. I've been almost as exausted as you - and my lupus doesn't help any. I guess a lot of us are suffering with different things and in different ways, but it helps to know we are not alone. Hang in there Leah, I know you can do this!

Have a good day being happy!

Tammy

Anonymous said...

Leah
When I read your blog today I thought "Stilllll going". I'm happy for you, I pray that you never run down. You made my day.
Love You all
Uncle