Saturday, December 13, 2008

I have so many things to do but no energy to do them!

Tis the season to be jolly! Oh, how I love this season. I just hope I can get out of my chair to enjoy the last few days. I'd already had 2 baths by noon, am currently drinking peppermint tea, had my lemon drops for nausea and I'm layed out in my chair just wasting the day away! ha.

However, I'm giving up the weekend hoping that my weekdays are going to be much more promising to finish up my shopping, wrapping, etc. If not, I'll just do what I can. I'm so thankful that others understand, even though it is frustating to me. I've had so many surround our family with your love, support and understanding. It makes the season so much more meaniful!

Today my youngest brother, Matthew is having a Christmas/homewarming party they had scheduled around my chemo week. However, with the delay, I'm unable to attend as they live in Alabama and I could never make the drive. It makes me feel bad because I sure wanted to go to see the new house and spread some cheer...but it just wasn't to be.

My nephew called from Indiana last night and they are expecting. My neice right here in Georgia is expecting and due any day. So many reasons to be happy!

I only have 4 more treatments (2 months if I make it). They are supposed to be the worst of the worst but God continues to sustain me. I'm just ready to move on. Although to most, 4 treatments doesn't seem long...when you are fighting the effects, it does seem forever but now I know that the light at the end of the tunnel, isn't a train...it was God all the time shining the light to the end of my struggle. I know I have all types of testing at the end to make sure they have cleared any additional cancer cells and the spots on my lungs/kidneys are gone or are what they expect the spots to look like....but I'm not worried, I just believe that God has already taken care of everything. I can't imagine it any other way. If it were to turn out any other way, I'm not sure how I would respond because I just know that God is in control!!

Thank you so much for the continuous cards, love and support and most importantly the prayers! I read all the blog comments every day, no matter how low I am, it always encourages me. You all have just been the best! I received this poem today and found it fitting for the holiday. Read and enjoy! Enjoy the season for what it was meant to be and have a wonderous day!

Love to all,
Leah
With only 2 weeks before Christmas,
REMEMBER: Jesus is Better than Santa
Santa lives at the North Pole.
JESUS is everywhere.
Santa rides in a sleigh
JESUS rides on the wind and walks on the water.
Santa comes but once a year
JESUS is an ever- present help.
Santa fills your stockings with goodies
JESUS supplies all your needs.
Santa comes down your chimney uninvited
JESUS stands at your door and knocks.. and then enters your heart.
You have to stand in line to see Santa
JESUS is as close as the mention of His name.
Santa lets you sit on his lap
JESUS lets you rest in His arms.
Santa doesn't know your name, all he can say is "Hi little boy or girl, What's your name?"
JESUS knew our name before we did.
Not only does He know our name, He knows our address too . He knows our history and future and He even knows how many hairs are on our heads.
JESUS has a heart full of love. JESUS offers health, help and hope.
Santa says "You better not cry"
JESUS says "Cast all your cares on me for I care for you.
Santa's little helpers make toys
JESUS makes new life, mends wounded hearts, repairs broken homes and builds mansions.
Santa may make you chuckle but
JESUS gives you joy that is your strength.
While Santa puts gifts under your tree,
JESUS became our gift and died on the tree. It's obvious there is really no comparison.
We need to remember WHO Christmas is all about. We need to put Christ back in Christmas. Jesus is still the reason for the season.May the Lord Bless and Watch over you and your loved ones this Christmas 2008 And may He prosper and bless the work of your hands in the New Year.
2009

2 comments:

Donna said...

I find your blogs so uplifting and encouraging no matter how you may feel. Even in your lowest time it seems Jesus has lifted you the the highest place in His Spirit. Oh, how amazing in our God! It is such a joy to know Him to be our everything.

Thanks for sharing the poem. It is so good. I enjoyed the reminders it gave me as to just how awesome our Savior is that gave His life for us so we could live eternally, the hope that He has given us that is beyond this life. Indeed the closer it gets to our Lord's return for us that are His children, the more excited I get!

Thoughts & prayers are with you.
Love,
Donna New

Anonymous said...

Good morning Leah. Sunday morning, early, and I'm up preparing dinner so that I can go to Sunday School, then Church, stay for the program, then get home and eat. I try to stay a step ahead, sometimes it works and sometimes it crashes right before my very eyes! That's life so I adjust and start over. I just wanted to let you know that as we have been doing in our Sunday School class for the last few months, your name will be lifted in prayer. Stay positive, you have more people praying for you than you know. Love and Happy Sunday!

Vernie