Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Chemo Treatment #8 in the morning!

Oh how I dread thinking about going back to the hospital, thus the reason I'm blogging at almost 1 am. My first appt. is supposed to be at 7 am. so I have to be up in less than 4 hrs. to get ready and on the road. I don't care though....I wait until the last minute before going to bed and wait until the last minute to get up on my chemo mornings. Other days, I keep a regular schedule so I don't get my body so whacked out.....but chemo days are dreadful! I honestly feel like I'm going to have a gun put to my head, I hate it so much! I'm glad it is available and I have options but I know the symptons that come with all this and I abhor it!

The doctor and nurse told me that it is going to get so much worse and it makes me hate going even more. I've lost 25 lbs., even though you can't tell because I'm so jacked up on steroids! I won't go into all the other things but I thought it was as bad as it was going to get?? However, I have the Lord on my side and all the prayers so although the process is dreadful, I know that I'm going to get through it.

Please pray for easy treatments for the next 10 weeks. If I'm able to get through this without having cell count issues, etc. I will be over this in February!! Oh, how I long for that day! What a celebration that will be!

My day starts very early and ends very late. We are at the hospital all day with lab appts, doctor appt. and then they start my infusion. Although my infusion is only about 4 hrs. in the hospital once it gets started, it stays hooked up to my chest through Friday. Oh....the first chemo they give me in the hospital gives me havoc immediately and then the other rounds that run through my body after I come home take affect a week later. So, therefore I have a week and half journey with this stuff and then I'm right back for more..........did I say how much I hate this stuff?

I know things could be so much worse so I say, "Thank you Lord for your awesome blessings and please bless those who bless us.

Goodnight.
Love to all,
Leah

No comments: