Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

The beast has certainly rained on my baby girl’s parade, but
the parade must go on . I know with her awesome spirit and
attitude she will continue to dance in the rain, until the suns
shines again
Yes, she is dancing to a different beat. But she is so
determined. Every day is a different tune, different step.
Even though they are few and far between on the good days
lifts are high, emotions are soaring which makes her waltz
through the day. On difficult days we feel like we do
cartwheels and head spins, just trying to figure out what the
next step should be to end the pain and sickness.
Christmas lifted her spirits and made her tap dance to the
music.
But Wednesday’s chemo treatment ended all of that and now
she is battling another round of sickness. This has been a very
difficult chemo treatment. With her blood count very low she
is very weak and unsteady on her feet. Her days are spent in
bed or in her recliner.

As a mother, for her sake I smile and try to stay
upbeat. But I will admit it is the most helpless, depressing
feeling a mother can experience. It is so difficult to watch
your child suffer and to know you can't do anything about it
but pray. The tears stay in my pillow... but I arise each day with hope again that God is in control and he has her in His hands. If you are a mother I am sure that you understand my feelings.

Many people have told me to keep her fighting. Believe me she is a
fighter, but the journey has been long and the weariness sets in.
Leah's faith and attitude amazes me. No matter what happens or how bad she feels she never wavers in her faith.

With her trust and faith in the Lord she will continue to dance
in the rain knowing that every rain cloud we see today will
bring a rainbow of hope for tomorrow.


It is your prayers, cards, emails, food, acts of kindness that
gives us strength each day to keep going.
In most cases when you become ill and must take time off from
work in the beginning you may get flowers, and a few cards
and then you never hear from your coworkers again. This has
not been the case with Leah's work family. I am amazed how
they have supported her every step of the way. You all are
angels~~~ I thank you!
After 7 months Steve and Leah are still receiving food from the
church family. In the evening you hear the door bell ring and
there stands some precious lady with their whole evening
meal prepared. How awesome is that??
And Vernie, Leah's #1 fan ~~~a phantom friend because we
have never met. All of your prayers and encouraging
comments that you have posted daily for Leah have been
awesome!! Leah and I must meet you sometime for lunch
after she is feeling better.
To my Lathem family who checks on me daily and gives large doses of love and encouragement... I thank you!
I can't even begin to name names because there are so many people that have touched our lives in so many awesome ways.
We could never repay the kindness shown to us. The only thing we can do is to pay it forward after Leah's journey is done.
Our hearts are overflowing with gratitude. Thank you ~~ Thank You!!

As my father always said," And it came to pass" and it will.
Much love,
Mother
Leah posted today...see below.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lEAH,
When you have to walk that lonesome valley OF PAIN
the FRIENDS in your life
will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on,
praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the
valley's end.
You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I have plenty of time to think about you Leah because I've been out of work myself for several weeks now with bronchitis and have now broken 2 ribs coughing - not to mention the lupus. I know what sitting in that recliner all day feels like. I am continuing to pray for you every day and when I start feeling sorry for myself and about to complain, I stop and say "Leah". That puts it all back into perspective and makes me feel a little braver. Thanks for being such a great inspiration to us all.

I know what it's like to have the ups and downs. Just keep looking forward to the good days (or hours). We're all behind you and cheering for you.

Lov ya,

Tammy

Anonymous said...

Hello Leah, I read your blogs usually once every week and catch
up with your blogs. I pray for you daily that you will have strength,courage,and endurance to handle your pain. From reading your blogs I know that you do.I also pray daily for strength and courage for your parents and the rest of your family and friends,for the strength and courage to help you to get through this,especially your worst days...I keep you in my thoughts and prayers...may God richly bless all of you. Cousin Cheryl Myers in Indiana

Anonymous said...

Hello all. I know where Leah gets her strength and sincere faith, it is passed around thru her loving family and friends. I admire you all for being her strength, even when you feel you need a shoulder yourself, you lend yours to support Leah. You probably always knew you had a caring and loving family, but this test proved it beyond imagination. And it stands to reason that a faithful and loving family would also have a host of faithful and loving friends! To Leah's Mom, I am so touched that you have found my posts to be inspiring. I have become attached to your family and feel as if I already know you because I have prayed so hard for you all. How can you pray for another and not feel love for them? Not a day goes by that I don't ask God to give you strength and courage while you tackle this monster! And on Sunday in my class, the first thing my teacher ask is "how was Leah this week?" then we join hands and pray. Leah's journey has even brought me closer to my Church family because this is the first time I have asked them to reach out to someone for me, and they never stopped reaching out! I love you all, and know that joy comes in the morning!

Vernie