Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Spinal Epidural today, Chemo tomorrow!

Today was a pretty good day! Greg, my sweet, bro-in-law took me for my spinal epidural today. This was the only time since I've been going to the hospital/doctors, etc. that they have not only been on time but ahead of time!! I was supposed to be there at 9:15 a.m. and go into "surgery" at 10:15 a.m. We got there at 9 a.m. and they immediately took me back.

After they put in my IV, off to the surgical room. I was amazed at how fast they were. By the way, this was not done at the hospital but by Emory Doctors at a Spinal Clinic off Druid Hills. Man, I wish everything was done there.

I asked for sedation and even with sedation the actual procedure was very painful. I was not expecting it to hurt that much. However, they were inserting the needles into my lower back and shooting the steriods into my nerves. I thought they had put about 15 needles into my back but they were actually moving 1 needle around. They asked me if I have high blood pressure since my blood pressure went up to 200......uh, no.....it is the needles you have stuck in my back. :-)

So far my back feels no differently and I'm back on my pain meds but they said that I should feel a difference in a few days. Praise the Lord, I cannot wait. The doctor said the chemo makes it worse so since I'm going to chemo this week, it will be interesting to see how the epidural works. All in all, I'm still very greatful for the quick turnaround and the ride with Greg. He kept me talking about so many other things that I didn't have time to think about my pain until later.

My sister-in-law, Rosa had to go back in for an ultasound for a lump they found but today they determined that she is okay too! God is awesome!

The whole day turned about to be a really good day......

No comments: