Monday, June 29, 2009

Everything's fine....

Sorry, I didn't realize that I had not updated this since my last tests. Someone got me on facebook and I updated to let everyone know and then someone asked me about my tests....and I said, "yes, I updated online".....and they said, "don't leave us hanging on the blog".....sorry, I thought I had updated....

Everything is fine from my tests. The spot on my liver they believe is only cystic (fluid buildup). They always tend to locate more cysts or other things within my body and the pathology report will say, "need to closely watch" so I never really feel like I get a "clear no worries" type of clearance.

However, I'm very thankful that I didn't have any new cancer. I will have follow-up tests in 4 months now vs. 2 month intervals. I was glad about that.

The weekend has been a scorcher but beautiful. Man, I couldn't sleep at all last night. I should be on the road right now on the way to work. So I better get off and get outta here. Just wanted to tell all of you how much I appreciate the constant prayers, etc. They aren't taking my port out for awhile. My guess is that they will leave it in as long as they can until I reach 5 year survival without any re-occurance. It doesn't hurt or anything...well, every once in a while it will jab into my shoulder but other than that it is kid's play in comparison to anything else.

Have alot of work at work to do so, 'austa la pasta'.

Love to all,
Leah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leah, it's so good to hear that you are busy - as opposed to your recent life in the recliner. Vernie and I continue to pray for you and think about you often. We are both in awe of you for your strength, courage and optimism.

Thank you for inspiring a lot of people!

Tammy