Wednesday, February 25, 2009

One Phase of my Chemo is completed.....let's dance in the rain!!

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be people of courage; be strong.
So stand Strong and fulfil God’s will.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Today was another normal day at the clinic with the wait times. I was concerned we were going to sit down there all day and not get my treatment again. The nurses were so nice and concerned and kept checking my blood chemistry and cell counts. Some were low but barely passed what they would allow for chemo. My platelets had moved from 72,000 to 125,000 and the cut-off was 100,000. They said safety first. They would not want to give me this treatment unless I surpassed 100,000 but they really want to see 300,000-400,000 so it will be interesting how this treatment treats, Me-the Chemo Princess! ha.
I'll be back on Friday to get it removed and that is when everything really starts knocking me out. I must say all the pre-meds they give me now really start working on me immediately. It was the first time I felt like the room was moving and decided to close my eyes and viola, I was out! I woke up and saw that I only had a minute on the chemo they were administering at the moment. Yeah for me. Steve keeps me informed, I'm sure out of boredom. He still does not complain. :-) Such a wonderful man.....
So enough of all the boring talk....Let's Dance....in celebration!
Another thought I would like to pass on.
“Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass…it’s about learning how to dance in the rain!”

We all face adversity in our life. However, it’s not the adversity, but how we react to it that will determine the joy and happiness in our life. During tough times, we can spend time feeling sorry for ourselves, or, we can, with gratitude…’learn how to dance in the rain’

Gratitude, can change our attitude, thus, our lives, forever. We can dig a deeper pit for ourselves by moaning and groaning about our problems or we can sing our way to victory…. our choice.

Let there be a shout in your camp today for God is for you, look up your redemption draws near, ’sorrow may last for a night but joy will come in the morning,’ sickness may strike you but the lord is still ’the health of your countenance’ and ‘your healer.’

Sarah Breathnack penned these words…“When we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that’s present….we experience heaven on earth.”
Draw strength in your day and don't forget when you slow down and take the time to dance in the rain, I'm waltzing in spirit right beside you! :-)
Love to all,
Leah

6 comments:

Donna said...

Congratulations on completing the final chemo treatment! I know it is exciting to you to have been able to complete this phase. We prayed that all would go well so the final treatment could be done. And now on we go to the medical testings and whatever else comes after chemo.

We continue to hold you up in prayer and trust the Lord gives you strength and relief from pain.

Love,
Donna New

Anonymous said...

Hi Leah! I know you are happy and hopeful that this is it for chemo, as I am too! We'll see what God has planned and will respond accordingly! I enjoyed your blog about the coffee beans. I try hard to be coffee beans, but sometimes I think I'm a hard old egg! HA! HA! Praying that you rest well tonight, and tomorrow, and then all the others!

Love to all!
Vernie

Christi said...

You are so beautiful! Your gift of Faith is amazing.

Linda Shanks said...

Good morning Leah,
Praise the Lord this treatment is over. You stood firm in your faith in God and you go ahead and dance. I pray that these days ahead will be better than you expect and that you will gain strength and that God will take away your pain. May God richly bless you today.
Love & Prayers,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Hey sis,

Congrats on your last chemo treatmnt. I have been praying that ths would be the last. God has brought you this far. He will take you the rest.

Love, Diana

Anonymous said...

Leah,

I am so happy for you that the last treatment is done. We claim victory over this cancer in the name of Jesus!! You have inspired me in so many ways.. Love you and the family.

Angie