Friday, February 6, 2009

4th day this week...back to Emory!

Well, I'm supposed to be ready to leave in a few minutes to go back to Emory and here I am blogging. I dread it so much that I wait until the last minute before I have to get dressed. So silly, I know! ha.

I'm having my chemo bag removed and the dreaded shot this morning. I'm not feeling well at all this morning. I feel very nauseated. I just pray this shot doesn't immediately take affect until I get home. I just know that it brings on the feelings of a bad case flu with all the body aches on top of the aches I'm already going through, thus the reason I'm dreading it so much.

However, it is supposed to keep me on schedule for my final chemo treatment and for that, I'm very happy.

I was so happy to hear from my boss yesterday. She had talked with her boss and they wanted me to know that I did not need to worry about trying to hurry and come back until my body was ready. They did not want me to take chances and come back before I should and be out sick or compromise my body. They said my job would be there and they would be fine. It made me feel so much better because I feel like I've just let everyone down. I have so many things to do and no energy to do them. I know it is one time in my life I shouldn't worry but you can't help it. Having peace of mind about these things....really helps. I would rather do my part than defer to somone else. It just isn't me to do that.....but Thank the Lord so many have helped out. We couldn't have done it without all the support, although I think we thought we could. :-)

Well, I better run. My mom is taking me today and she is going to get me for not being dressed. We know Emory always runs behind so we've learned not to sweat it too much. I guess that is the good thing.

Take Care, Love to all.....
Leah

No comments: