Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Doubt your doubts!! I love that saying!

HANDY LITTLE CHART - GOD HAS A POSITIVE ANSWER:
YOU SAY
GOD SAYS
BIBLE VERSES

You say: 'It's impossible'
God says: All things are possible
(Luke 18:27)
You say: 'I'm too tired'
God says: I will give you rest
(Matthew 11:28-30)
You say: 'Nobody really loves me'
God says: I love you
(John 3:1 6 & John 3:34 )
You say: 'I can't go on'
God says: My grace is sufficient
(II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)
You say: 'I can't figure things out'
God says: I will direct your steps
(Proverbs 3:5- 6)
You say: 'I can't do it'
God says: You can do all things
(Philippians 4:13)
You say: 'I'm not able'
God says: I am able
(II Corinthians 9:8)
You say: 'It's not worth it'
God says: It will be worth it
(Roman 8:28 )
You say: 'I can't forgive myself'
God says: I Forgive you
(I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)
You say: 'I can't manage'
God says: I will supply all your needs
(Philippians 4:19)
You say: 'I'm afraid'
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear
(II Timothy 1:7)
You say: 'I'm always worried and frustrated'
God says: Cast all your cares on ME
(I Peter 5:7)
You say: 'I'm not smart enough'
God says: I give you wisdom
(I Corinthians 1:30)
You say: 'I feel all alone'
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you
(Hebrews 13:5)
I received this today from my sister-in-law and thought it was something we could all use! :-)
As for me:
I always try to do something in my day that gets me up and working for a few hours to build up my strength. Today, not even thinking about St. Patty's day, made corned beef, potatoes and cabbage and then I made turtle brownies. My family loves the corned beef and cabbage meal and it is quite healthy. I've been trying to do most of the cooking so I can make sure we are getting plenty of veggies and fruit. I want to get as healthy as possible so maybe this will make my recovery quicker! :-)
Right now, the chemo seems to have settled in my ankles. I feel as those I've sprained my ankle. Seeing others blog about the after effects of chemo, apparently this is normal! Yeah me. "-( I know things could be a whole lot worse so I'm not going to fret about the things I can't control and turn them over to the ONE I know who can. I've learned not to worry.....well, I'm trying not too).
I will say that I've shared this story with a few of you. It seemed that in the past couple of weeks that everything mechanical started falling apart. We keep things up pretty well but these things were unexpected. It first started off that our air/heat compressor went out downstairs, a couple of days later...the one upstairs went out, we came home a few days later to a busted water heater and our basement flooded, I picked up the phones and they were dead, we walked by our youngest daughter's car and we could see the threads and realized we needed to get her tires changed and then we did our taxes and for whatever reason this year was going to owe several thousands of dollars.
Normally, I would have felt very stressed, especially with the amount of money to make all this happen. I felt bad because Steve got all the work but in the big scheme of things....I just thought, "oh well, what are you gonna do, get upset or get it fixed?" There are bigger fish to fry in life so you just do what you have to do and it will work out in the end.
The great thing was that Steve re-figured our taxes and realized he had missed a deduction and we ended up not owing all that tax money. To me that was a huge blessing in itself.
Stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS so I found something sweet (which I've not been able to stand all through chemo), ate it and pushed any doubts aside I might be feeling about the current situation. It really helps to control the situation with your mind because it doesn't control you. I think that is when we feel powerless, hopeless and allow things to bother us that shouldn't because we get so down.
So, as the a visiting Minister said Sunday, "Doubt your doubts".
As always, I'm so thankful to have those out there that read, care, leave blog comments, words of encouragement, etc. The reason I don't respond to blog comments is because I haven't figured out yet how to do it. I would love to respond so many times. I'm just so thankful for your consistency in thinking of others when there are so many other things I know you could be doing.
Hoping for another beautiful day!
Love to all,
Goodnight!
Leah

2 comments:

Christi said...

The only way to comment is to leave a comment on your own page after whoever commented last. ??? It'll show up as yourself leaving a comment.... I know, it's dumb!

Donna said...

Leah,
Sounds like ya'll need the American Home Shield Home Warranty. We pay under $55 a month & any appliance, plumbing, electrical, Pool Filter, Pump,etc. is covered w/a $60 copay per outage. It might be worth checking into. We have used it several times.

Just thought you might could use a tip.

Hope your trip to the surgeon goes well.
Donna New